Finally my coat is finished! Like always, I lost a bit patience near the end of garment construction, especially as I had planned to get it finished by end of april. And although there wasn't a lot of things to do, I found that all the finishing takes quite a lot of time, though.
I set the lining in completely by hand, which was an awful lot of work. Not the hand sewing itself, but pinning it in place! I had to do it several times. I think I will not do this again in the future. Or maybe I will make my own mixture of machine and hand sewing (I am a sucker for hand sewn lining...).
I also added some white piping between the facing and the lining, and I covered the inner snap with lining fabric, which I find is so so nice (and it was even easy and quick to do)!
So now I only have to wear it, which I think will not happen so much until autumn, as - like any other coat so far - I finished it on time for when I don't need it any more for the season!