May 5, 2012

Spring coat finished!


Finally my coat is finished! Like always, I lost a bit patience near the end of garment construction, especially as I had planned to get it finished by end of april. And although there wasn't a lot of things to do, I found that all the finishing takes quite a lot of time, though.

I set the lining in completely by hand, which was an awful lot of work. Not the hand sewing itself, but pinning it in place! I had to do it several times. I think I will not do this again in the future. Or maybe I will make my own mixture of machine and hand sewing (I am a sucker for hand sewn lining...).


I also added some white piping between the facing and the lining, and I covered the inner snap with lining fabric, which I find is so so nice (and it was even easy and quick to do)!


So now I only have to wear it, which I think will not happen so much until autumn, as - like any other coat so far - I finished it on time for when I don't need it any more for the season!





4 comments:

  1. That is an amazing coat, well worth the time you took to pin & sew the lining by hand, I especially love the piping around the facings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, was asking to borrow this coat. lol. This has been beautifully and thoughtfully made. I love everything about it. the style, buttons, collar, pocket.. Hopefully this will get a lot of use in appropriate weather. well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you can borrow it for the summer, I'll take it back in autumn then! Thanks for your nice comment!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...